Homemade Spicy Butter

This one's for all those guys out there looking to impress the ladies...Who are all about the little things I might add.

Have you tried making your own spicy butter? Making your own tasty butter is so easy, yet it impresses people like you wouldn't believe (no, thank-you Martha.) I had some corn in the fridge I'd been waiting to BBQ and I quickly looked up some internet recipes and sure enough - the main suggestion was to spice up some butter, get some aluminum foil and get 'er done.


Chili Powder (maybe some extra Cayenne for the more adventurous)
Oregano
Onion Powder
Garlic flakes (or freshly crushed)
Salt & Pepper

I'm not going to include measurements, because I rarely measure! Get used to eye-balling things and using your taste buds instead - besides, I was only making 2 ears of corn. Mix the dry ingredients and mush them up in a small bowl with some butter.

Another thing - get used to substituting when you're missing an ingredient, just because you're missing one thing does not mean it won't turn out...unless your missing something like THE CORN. In this case, I was out of butter, but I did have margarine, not the best but it'll definitely do the trick.
 
You can cook corn in the husk on the grill, but you have to soak it for about 1/2 an hour before hand. Faster to spread the butter directly on the cob, wrap in aluminum foil, and cook on medium/low for about 20 minutes rotating often.

I like my corn with a bit of a grilled taste, so I un-wrap them and quickly toss them on the grill for a few minutes, just to give them some flavour and those pretty black lines (remember, we're trying to impress here!)

I ate the finished product with a tasty hot-chicken sandwich, complete with some mushrooms fried in the leftover butter! Spicy butters are great and so EASY. I suggest you make 'em part of your repertoire.

Happy Grilling!




 Wanna see the original recipe? http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/tasty-bbq-corn-on-the-cob/Detail.aspx